* User works entirely within Word (English or non-English versions). You never have to touch a context string, or an HPJ or RTF file (unless you want to).
* Can generate topics from Word Heading Styles, or user can identify them by pointing.
* Generates a table of contents automatically, for display in the main window, a secondary window or a PopUp with jumps from it already in place.
* User adds additional jumps and PopUps by highlighting the text or graphic to jump from and pointing to the topic to jump to. Mid- topic jumps are supported.
* Generates search keywords automatically (user can edit) in lower, upper, or mixed case.
* Can generate browse sequences automatically.
* Generates and tracks context strings automatically (user can edit).
* Can set sizes of main and secondary windows independently, both on initial display and on topic change. Can determine windows for initial display - main, secondary or both.
* Set background colours for scrolling and non-scrolling text.
* Set hotspot colour for cultures where green is not suitable.
* Add sound effects by playing WAV files.
* Launch other processes from within Help File by clicking text or icons.
* Automatic multi-file project builds.
* Generation and mapping of topic numbers for HELPCONTEXTID and other context-sensitive needs.
* Incorporation of additional WinHelp macros by dialog box selection.
* Expert users can supply a file of [sections] to be merged into HPJ file on each build.
* Customised button bars for main window, secondary windows, PopUps or embedded in text. Button-top text in any language. Buttons call or PopUp any topic, WinHelp macro or launch another process.
* Automatic generation of a "Glossary" topic if desired with an alphabet button box at the top.
* Generation of additional menus and menu items on the Winhelp menu bar. Even omission of the whole menu bar.
* Customisable "copyright" line for WinHelp about box.
* Generation of CNT file.
help file winhelp hcw hlp winhelp file author tool microsoft word windows
A professional software for creating a manual, hypertext, HTMLHelp or WinHelp online help for your software. Or even a personal CDROM with your stuff, quickly. Manage electronic documents, edit pages with font, styles, tables and pictures like a wordprocessor, and place links and image hot-spots with ease. Save your output in all the popular formats, including Rtf-WinHelp, Html, Html Help, Doc for your MSWord, and Txt. Save time. Learn a single tool and mantain a single source document, while edit, search/replace, archive, publish and export functions act on the whole hypertext, rather than individual pages. Take advantage of the internal album that makes it easy to reuse objects and images, the clipart and templates collections that help you obtain immediate results, the optimized hypertext management that even makes simple (and visual) work of placement of elaborated frame-to-frame links. Everything is fast, reliable, and designed for everyday use. One manual, one file. And you can instantly reuse your work for Internet publishing, and have the full redistribution license for CDROM works, by upgrading to Hyper Publish PRO, www.hyperpublish.com.
create a manual create html help htmlhelp create hypertext create manuals electronic documentation hypertext authoring html help editor hypertext editor html help compiler create winhelp
RoboAuthor is a powerful visual HTMLHelp (.CHM) and WinHelp (.HLP) creator software: the easy way for creating professional Help systems and documentation for web-based and desktop software applications.
Creating a software manual with RoboAuthor is really a snap! Not just a compiler but a quick, powerful all-in-one environment for creating stunning Help files! It doesn't require any external editor, it is visual, easy to learn and to use.
- HTML Help with one click (requires Microsoft HTML Help workshop installed);
- both .CHM and .HLP (old WinHelp format) and Website with a single tool;
- Delphi, C++ MFC, Borland C++ Builder, Visual Basic, Visual C, Java, even Microsoft Access, Visual Objects, Clarion, APL, Visual FoxPro... - you can show a single topic from within any language;
- one manual, one source file;
- easy Table of Contents; easy keyword list; topics (pages) easy to add and to link
- frames, text styles, hot spots, popup windows, mouse over sensitive images, sounds, video, visual linking (no broken links, ever!): all without coding!
- optimized for large works (with the quick link feature you can manage 1000 pages with ease: no file names to remember, everything visual and damn fast);
- want to make the same change to every page of your manual? No problem, there is the global search and replace, or you can use headers and footers;
- CHM or HLP file is free for distribution, i.e. no royalties;
- easy to learn and easy to start; (and we are always here for fast support, please ask us any questions! www.roboauthor.com);
- HTML export compatible with any browser
- small and smart: does run on MSWindows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, 2003; even an old Pentium I 100Mhz with 16MB RAM and Win95 is fine;
- new! supports external plugins (such as 3D Buttons)
The program is very easy to use and will allow you to create your manual / Help system in an extremely short time.
software documentation application documentation software help system application help system create documentation manage software documentation create help system create html help chm make winhelp hlp htmlhelp documentation create helpfile
HelpScribble is a full-featured, easy-to-use help authoring tool for creating help files from start to finish. Create WinHelp (.hlp) files, HTML Help (.chm) files, a printed manual and online documentation (on a web site) all from the same HelpScribble project.
Write full-featured help files with the built-in editors for SHG files (hotspot bitmaps), WinHelp macros, contents tree, browse sequences, etc.
If you have previously used another help authoring tool, reuse your work by importing the HPJ+RTF files created with the other tool or by a decompiler.
Use the help files you make with HelpScribble to provide context-sensitive help with your Window applications, no matter which development tool you use. If you use Borland Delphi or C++Builder, you will like the way HelpScribble's HelpContext property editor integrates with them to make assigning Topic ID values to HelpContext properties very easy.
HelpScribble is a stand-alone tool. It does not depend on MS Word or any other third party package. It does need a help compiler that you can download for free from http://www.helpscribble.com/helpcompiler.html
helpscribble help scribble help authoring help files help authoring tools help writing winhelp html help windows help manual documentation
AnetHelpTool is WYSIWYG help-authoring system for creating Win/HTML/Java Help files, RTF Manuals and Web sites. It provides an easy and pleasant development process, which saves time and increases your help-writing efficiency. Help file developed in AnetHelpTool can be inverted in the set of HTML files for uploading on Web server for the hypertext documentation become available for Internet/Intranet users. It has modes: Runtime and Design. In the design mode you can create and edit your document. The runtime mode emulates real WinHelp environment. It greatly simplifies design since the program is almost fully WYSIWYG and looks like an actual help file. It is also possible to define, which topic must be included in a help file and which one must be saved in a manual. Starting from version 6.0 it supports import of help projects developed in other Help editing programs.
help files manual web site text editor help authoring system wysiwyg helpfile authoring system win html
CryptoHelp-bundle is WYSIWYG help-authoring system for creating Win/HTML/Java Help files, RTF Manuals, Web sites and encrypted HTML Help files. It provides an easy and pleasant development process, which saves time and increases your help-writing efficiency. HTML Help file created with this product can be protected with password. Your intellectual poperty is also very well protected by encrypting each topic of the Help file. Even if .chm file is decompiled the topics source will not be readable. The editor It has modes: Runtime and Design. In the design mode you can create and edit your document. The runtime mode emulates real WinHelp environment. It greatly simplifies design since the program is almost fully WYSIWYG and looks like an actual help file. It is also possible to define, which topic must be included in a help file and which one must be saved in a manual. Starting from version 6.0 it supports import of help projects developed in other Help editing programs.
help authoring system encrypted password protected e-book cryptohelp-bundle wysiwyg authoring system html help password
Help & Manual is a stand-alone authoring tool with an integrated WYSIWYG editor. It creates all types of standard help files:
* HTML HELP
* Winhelp (.hlp)
* Browser help
* Various outputs
* One single source
* All outputs highly customizeable
* PDF manuals with active hyperlinks
* Image and screen shot tools included
Download the fully functional evaluation version to try Help & Manual for 14 days!
html help winhelp hlp hlp pdf help authoring hcw hcrtf windows help authoring
HelpBuilder provides a quick and easy method to create and maintain Windows Help files. Using a familiar point-and-click interface, help files can be created with advanced features as standard.
Uses Projects, includes SpellChecker, error checking on project build, project Wizard, context sensitive Help. Creates Help files for all programming tools. Quick/easy contruction of help files.
windows help helpbuilder help builder microsoft word help worshop help magician easyhelp winhelp hc31
A powerful and highly configurable utility that converts plain text files into rich text (RTF). Based on the same highly praised text analysis engine as AscToHTM, it recognises headings, bullets, indentation levels, tables and much more. Full table generation is attempted on detected tables, and you can define how you want each table laid out. Hyperlinks can be added to section numbers, URLs, email addresses, etc. The software recognises many different types of headings, and these are marked up in Heading styles, allowing Word to incorporate them into the TOC. The user can choose the fonts to be used, and supply title, keywords etc. for insertion into the document properties header. From version 2.0 onwards the software can create RTF files suitable for conversion into WinHelp files, and will even create the Help project file for you (it created it's own Help file). The software comes with many options to customize the output which can be saved to "policy files" and reloaded at a later date. The software supports the use of wildcards, and can be used for batch conversion. Registered users get access to a console version that is better suited for batch conversions. Developers may care to investigate the API version, which can be integrated into their own software. The API is sold under separate license, contact us for details. A great time saver for novice and expert alike, awarded several 5 stars reviews
convert text rtf text to rtf shareware rich text word automatic conversion txt to rtf utility