MGTEK Help Producer is a help authoring tool for Microsoft Windows that allows you to create professional HTML help files and web based content from a Microsoft Word document.
Help Producer is an add-in that is seamlessly integrated into the user interface of Microsoft Word, which makes authoring a help file as easy as writing a regular Word document. With a click on a button, Help Producer will analyze your Word document and generate all files necessary to build a help file, such as project files, table of contents files, index files, HTML topic files, and graphics.
Help Producer can take advantage of many of Microsoft Word's existing editing and formatting features, including colors, fonts, styles, lists, tables, embedded pictures or objects, and even auto-shapes. In addition to the ability to leverage off the authoring features offered by Microsoft Word, Help Producer has many innovative and exiting features that will help technical writers create professional help files.
As the first help authoring tool in the industry, Help Producer can generate help files from Microsoft Word documents authored with the document template MSDN20, a template provided with the Visual Studio Help Integration Kit (VSHIK); However, Help Producer can be customized to work with many other document templates.
Help Producer has support for the popular Microsoft HTML Help 1.0 format, as well as for the new Microsoft Help 2.0 introduced with Visual Studio .NET. A build-in project editor allows you to make changes to any properties found in Microsoft HTML Help 1.0 and Microsoft Help 2.0.
In addition to all standard features found in HTML Help, such as table of contents and index generation, we have added support for more advanced features, such as K-links and A-links, text popups, conditional topics, topic IDs, and much more.
application help authoring tools chm context sensitive help help authoring help authoring tools help compiler help development help editor help manual help systems
* User works entirely within Word (English or non-English versions). You never have to touch a context string, or an HPJ or RTF file (unless you want to).
* Can generate topics from Word Heading Styles, or user can identify them by pointing.
* Generates a table of contents automatically, for display in the main window, a secondary window or a PopUp with jumps from it already in place.
* User adds additional jumps and PopUps by highlighting the text or graphic to jump from and pointing to the topic to jump to. Mid- topic jumps are supported.
* Generates search keywords automatically (user can edit) in lower, upper, or mixed case.
* Can generate browse sequences automatically.
* Generates and tracks context strings automatically (user can edit).
* Can set sizes of main and secondary windows independently, both on initial display and on topic change. Can determine windows for initial display - main, secondary or both.
* Set background colours for scrolling and non-scrolling text.
* Set hotspot colour for cultures where green is not suitable.
* Add sound effects by playing WAV files.
* Launch other processes from within Help File by clicking text or icons.
* Automatic multi-file project builds.
* Generation and mapping of topic numbers for HELPCONTEXTID and other context-sensitive needs.
* Incorporation of additional WinHelp macros by dialog box selection.
* Expert users can supply a file of [sections] to be merged into HPJ file on each build.
* Customised button bars for main window, secondary windows, PopUps or embedded in text. Button-top text in any language. Buttons call or PopUp any topic, WinHelp macro or launch another process.
* Automatic generation of a "Glossary" topic if desired with an alphabet button box at the top.
* Generation of additional menus and menu items on the Winhelp menu bar. Even omission of the whole menu bar.
* Customisable "copyright" line for WinHelp about box.
* Generation of CNT file.
help file winhelp hcw hlp winhelp file author tool microsoft word windows
A professional software for creating a manual, hypertext, HTMLHelp or WinHelp online help for your software. Or even a personal CDROM with your stuff, quickly. Manage electronic documents, edit pages with font, styles, tables and pictures like a wordprocessor, and place links and image hot-spots with ease. Save your output in all the popular formats, including Rtf-WinHelp, Html, Html Help, Doc for your MSWord, and Txt. Save time. Learn a single tool and mantain a single source document, while edit, search/replace, archive, publish and export functions act on the whole hypertext, rather than individual pages. Take advantage of the internal album that makes it easy to reuse objects and images, the clipart and templates collections that help you obtain immediate results, the optimized hypertext management that even makes simple (and visual) work of placement of elaborated frame-to-frame links. Everything is fast, reliable, and designed for everyday use. One manual, one file. And you can instantly reuse your work for Internet publishing, and have the full redistribution license for CDROM works, by upgrading to Hyper Publish PRO, www.hyperpublish.com.
create a manual create html help htmlhelp create hypertext create manuals electronic documentation hypertext authoring html help editor hypertext editor html help compiler create winhelp
RoboAuthor is a powerful visual HTMLHelp (.CHM) and WinHelp (.HLP) creator software: the easy way for creating professional Help systems and documentation for web-based and desktop software applications.
Creating a software manual with RoboAuthor is really a snap! Not just a compiler but a quick, powerful all-in-one environment for creating stunning Help files! It doesn't require any external editor, it is visual, easy to learn and to use.
- HTML Help with one click (requires Microsoft HTML Help workshop installed);
- both .CHM and .HLP (old WinHelp format) and Website with a single tool;
- Delphi, C++ MFC, Borland C++ Builder, Visual Basic, Visual C, Java, even Microsoft Access, Visual Objects, Clarion, APL, Visual FoxPro... - you can show a single topic from within any language;
- one manual, one source file;
- easy Table of Contents; easy keyword list; topics (pages) easy to add and to link
- frames, text styles, hot spots, popup windows, mouse over sensitive images, sounds, video, visual linking (no broken links, ever!): all without coding!
- optimized for large works (with the quick link feature you can manage 1000 pages with ease: no file names to remember, everything visual and damn fast);
- want to make the same change to every page of your manual? No problem, there is the global search and replace, or you can use headers and footers;
- CHM or HLP file is free for distribution, i.e. no royalties;
- easy to learn and easy to start; (and we are always here for fast support, please ask us any questions! www.roboauthor.com);
- HTML export compatible with any browser
- small and smart: does run on MSWindows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, 2003; even an old Pentium I 100Mhz with 16MB RAM and Win95 is fine;
- new! supports external plugins (such as 3D Buttons)
The program is very easy to use and will allow you to create your manual / Help system in an extremely short time.
software documentation application documentation software help system application help system create documentation manage software documentation create help system create html help chm make winhelp hlp htmlhelp documentation create helpfile
HelpScribble is a full-featured, easy-to-use help authoring tool for creating help files from start to finish. Create WinHelp (.hlp) files, HTML Help (.chm) files, a printed manual and online documentation (on a web site) all from the same HelpScribble project.
Write full-featured help files with the built-in editors for SHG files (hotspot bitmaps), WinHelp macros, contents tree, browse sequences, etc.
If you have previously used another help authoring tool, reuse your work by importing the HPJ+RTF files created with the other tool or by a decompiler.
Use the help files you make with HelpScribble to provide context-sensitive help with your Window applications, no matter which development tool you use. If you use Borland Delphi or C++Builder, you will like the way HelpScribble's HelpContext property editor integrates with them to make assigning Topic ID values to HelpContext properties very easy.
HelpScribble is a stand-alone tool. It does not depend on MS Word or any other third party package. It does need a help compiler that you can download for free from http://www.helpscribble.com/helpcompiler.html
helpscribble help scribble help authoring help files help authoring tools help writing winhelp html help windows help manual documentation
Help & Manual is a stand-alone authoring tool with an integrated WYSIWYG editor. It creates all types of standard help files:
* HTML HELP
* Winhelp (.hlp)
* Browser help
* Various outputs
* One single source
* All outputs highly customizeable
* PDF manuals with active hyperlinks
* Image and screen shot tools included
Download the fully functional evaluation version to try Help & Manual for 14 days!
html help winhelp hlp hlp pdf help authoring hcw hcrtf windows help authoring
eTextWizard is an ebook maker: a quick .chm maker/.hlp maker and many other text convert tools.
Convert *.htm to MS .Chm file or ebook.
Convert *.txt to MS .Chm file or ebook.
Convert *.txt to MS .hlp file or ebook.
Convert *.htm to plain text file (*.txt).
Convert *.txt to .htm quickly (Support users' module)
Rename files in a batch.
Decompile any *.chm and get the source files in a batch.
Convert Chinese Gb2312 to/from Chinese Big5 in a batch.
convert convertor txt2html html2txt txt2chm html2chm chm maker txt2help chm maker hlp
VBdocman is a program for automatic generating of technical documentation from your Visual Basic source files with just few mouse clicks. It parses source code and automatically creates table of contents, index, topics, cross-references and context sensitive help. The format of output documentation is fully configurable by user. The predefined output formats are:
HTML Help (*.chm file which looks like MSDN)-
HTML files (with Java index and table of contents)
WinHelp (*.hlp file)
VBdocman works as an add-in into MS Visual Basic 6.0. After invoking simple dialog through main menu and (in the simplest case) clicking one button the specified output documentation is generated. It automatically creates all interesting links such as Applies To, Methods, Events, Properties, Events, table of contents and index. In greater projects only this work saves many days of boring work. Documentation can be then edited and additional description given there such as See Also, Examples links, object, method, property or event description, parameters description and so on. VBdocman allows to add even that description automatically by extracting it from source code comment from special tags. It works similarly as JavaDoc system. But, user is not forced to write comments manually, VBdocman adds it itself just by two mouse clicks. All necessary tags are added and user then fills just short description to them. In addition, it provides sophisticated user-friendly comment editor.
Consistency. If something was added to code e.g. new method, it is automatically reflected in newly generated documentation.
Documentation in various formats can be generated by few mouse clicks. So you have documentation in all supported formats in few minutes.
Efficient communication within the team, especially when Source Safe is used. Every programmer comments his part of code.
vbdocman vb documentation automatic generate chm hlp html rtf xml help
ABC Amber Access Converter is an advanced utility which helps you convert your MDB (MS Access) files to any format you wish (XLS, DBF, CSV, XML, PDF, HTML, CHM, RTF, HLP, DOC, and many more) easily and quickly.
The software supports a batch conversion, a run from command line, more than 50 languages. Batch conversion ability allows you to convert a unlimited number of MDB files at a time.
Partial Features List:
- reads MDB (MS Access) files
- exports to XLS, CSV, DBF, XML, PDF (does not require Adobe Acrobat to be installed), HTML, CHM, RTF (MS Word does not need to be installed), DOC (Word 6.0/95/97-2002), WRI (Windows Write 3.0/3.1), WPD (WordPerfect 5.0/5.1 for DOS/5.x for Win/5.1-5.2 secondary, 5.0 secondary, WordPerfect 4.1/4.2), MCW (Word for Macintosh 4.0-5.1), WPS (Works 4.0 for Windows, Works 2000, Works for Windows 3.0), DOC (Word 2.x for Windows, Word 3.x-5.x for MS-DOS, Word 6.0 for MS-DOS), SAM (Ami Pro 3.0), WSD (WordStar 4.0/7.0), RFT (IBM's RFT-DCA), Clipboard
- supports batch conversion (registered version only)
- command line support
- supports multiple character sets
- easy to use and easy to set up
- supports multiple PDF export options (document information, 40/128 bits PDF encryption, PDF security options, page size, page orientation and page margins, resolution mode, compression mode, viewer options, embedding style)
- supports multiple CHM and HLP export options
- multi-language support
Alternative web address:
convert access mdb xls csv dbf xml pdf rtf chm hlp
An advanced tool which helps you backup and archive your important emails organized in one file, converting emails from Forte Agent (very popular newsreader) to any format you wish easily and quickly.
All you have to do is select required messages, choose format to convert and click Save As button.
With ABC Amber Agent Converter you will never waste your time to organize your e-mails!
Partial Features List:
- reads DAT files (Agent databases files), even if Forte Agent program is not installed. In this case select "Archive" tab, open DAT file and you will see all emails displayed in the list
- exports selected messages to a single file of any document format. This can be PDF format (Adobe Acrobat doesn't need to be installed), RTF format (also doesn't require MS Word to be installed), hypertext HTML format, text format, MS DOC format, popular CHM format, old good HLP format, database formats DBF and CSV, modern format XML, and many more (including Word Star, Ami Pro, Word Perfect, MS Works formats)
- conversion is based on plain text part or HTML part of the message
- supports multiple encoding tables
- ease to setup and use
- adjust fonts, colors, styles, and effects of output file
- supports column sorting (From, To, Subject and Received columns). It is important to sort messages if you wish to get a well-readable document
- powerful search functions (Sender, Recipient, Subject, Headers, Body, Received before, Received after) to filter messages
- supports multiple PDF export options (document information, 40/128 bits PDF encryption, PDF security options, page size, page orientation and page margins, etc.)
- generates contents with bookmarks (in RTF and HTML), maintains hyperlinks
- supports multiple CHM and HLP export options
- displays selected message, saves it to disk and prints it to printer
- multi-language support, command line support
Alternative web address:
convert forte agent mails chm hlp pdf rtf txt doc html